Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Confused Indian Voter


Vote for Narendra Modi! Oh! I am not convincing you to vote for one of the most successful chief ministers so far but many social media campaigns are running for Narendra Modi. I am not denying that he is one of the best. But does he really have solutions for all your problems? Shall we get rid of current situation if we ‘vote for Modi’? Such common question are coming in my mind.

When you read articles in newspapers, discuss local politics in trains and buses and try to become a responsible voter, you have to consider only one factor and that is ‘who is going to develop and maintain your electoral area’ without concentrating on national politics. But if we vote according to this criterion, the results can be different. Obviously there are voters belonging to minority groups and election candidates spend upto crores to distract them. But still your vote matters. Considering scams and various weird economical decisions, people seek a change in government. At least BJP core thinks like that. But what if people would have forgotten Suresh Kalmadi or A. Raja, we have to suffer one more term under these fake leaders where decisions are taken by one and they are represented by others.

So If I choose not to vote UPA and their allies, what options I have. I can vote for either NDA or third front or independent candidates. The major problem creators in congress or BJP government are their allies. All the allies have their specific group of voters and they only think for their development which is not wrong in a sense but it is affecting the growth of India. Again coming to the subject, if I really choose to vote for Modi then I have to vote for their ally in Mumbai, Maharashtra which is like hanging sword on my head. I really have spoken for this political party from my childhood, seeing their efforts for people of Maharashtra but when I think in broader way I see many faults and setbacks in development. Mumbai could be much better and maintained till now which is not. Considering first point of this discussion I can’t vote either UPA or NDA now.

We also have got a considerably   good option of abstain which can be chosen if you feel that no candidate is good for the betterment of your area. If you see the statistics, maximum 100 people go for this option and don’t get any results at the end. Electoral commission may not even consider these votes in front of thousands which are surely enough to win one of the not so eligible candidates. Again I cannot go for this option. So now I can vote for either third front or independent candidates. Very few, say 1 percent, independent candidates are really ready to wok and trustworthy. Others simply take their share to join the government, obviously if they manage to win. I am happy that I have reached at single option that is third front. Third front is very weird as it sounds. There is no bonding or construction of their alliance in third front. So If I consider that third front is going to win which is as impossible as the end of this world on 21st December, 2012; I doubt they can manage to run their government for even six months. There is one more option which I did not include in the discussion knowingly, the rising Aam Aadmi party. Many months have passed since their formation but there is not a declaration of any strategy towards 2014. I consider that all these parties will come forward and will give a good reason to choose one of them next year.


9 comments:

  1. nice description.... I have been waiting for years to complete 18 and eagerly waiting to cast my first vote... I was clear on to whom to vote. But considering the recent happenings I am now confused. BTW nicely put.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nischal. We have to think before we vote and if we think it becomes more confusing. But there is always a hope. We should vote for a better India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practically aam admi party does not stand a chance. I think best policy is to vote for local best. It's like unless every flat of building is not hygienic, the CHS cant be hygienic. So if everybody elects the local best, most clean party will get elected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point noted! Voting for the local best candidate is the only feasible option we have today. Thanks for reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice article, Prathamesh. Basically you have just discounted every possible option there is to Indian voters, which speaks volumes about the politics in our country. I disagree with Tanmay though. Local best need not be national best. In fact it is usually the opposite. Consider the Trinamool Congress. It was the best option in West Bengal at the time, but it created havoc in the Union government. If every state voted for a local party, a motley of state parties will rule at the centre....which will be pathetic. Centre and state politics need different sort of politics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Neethi! Your point is also noted. In fact thats the point of discussion: local best vs national best. We can't compromise either. But we have to think in a broader way one day and vote for India and it will happen that day when state governments will work side by side with central government!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Prathmesh,
    I think your article is too 'Novice'
    If you want to increase reach of your article and become a famous blogger,do some more research on topic before posting about it,include more examples,public opinion e.t.c.
    -FROM A EXPERIENCED BLOGGER

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure. Thanks for the advice. I thought experienced bloggers don't hesitate to show their identity while giving advice to newbies. Still I will take your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete

I am really hungry for your comments. Criticism is the best thing to improve our-self. Do comment!

Popular Posts